terça-feira, 31 de agosto de 2010

Superstition in Religion

Superstition is the new name for the old idols.

About the new idols many can tell: Shopping, inter-connecting, emotional arresting through television, fictional living through the Internet, busy-Babylon, to name few.

At the same time, the old idols remain grasping their ancestral hosts. Even to people struggling everyday to please GOD. Idols are everywhere. Religious tradition and pagan rites are among the most aggressive devices against wisdom.

Distracting devices of every kind are everywhere, always tempting someone around if not everyone at once. The closer the tradition is to Torah however the lesser damage seems to be drawn onto the soul. When I am occupied with a traditional task I am not likely to be doing wrong. However, when I miss to perform a traditional task in a religious context, the task becomes an idol since it brings superstition into play.

Superstition is a distracting device.

Supposing I want to reach a soul through example against slander, for instance, and sitting at their table I avoid eating what they serve to me, I guess I'll be distracting myself from my goal.

If we listen to Umberto Eco (superstition brings bad luck) we don't have to step back to the second Temple time to seek for enlightenment :-)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário